About Avonwood Manor Nursing Home
- Excellent Nursing care for the Elderly
- Dementia specialist care
- Beautiful location in Poole, Dorset
- Warm family community
- Large communal areas
Avonwood Manor provides excellent Nursing and Residential care for elderly residents with serious illnesses and Dementia. The care team endeavour to provide the highest of care to all residents 24/7. The care team consists of well qualified nurses who have a vast amount of experience in elderly care, read the ‘meet the team’ section to find out more.
The care team at Avonwood Manor know that those suffering with dementia need individual care that is unique to their requirements and emotions. The care team will help and support residents whilst also helping them to keep their independence to perform tasks by themselves where they can.
- Dementia Care
- Alzheimer’s care
- Nursing care
- Respite care
- Palliative Care
- Avonwood Manor is regularly visited by district nurses to ensure that all residents are in good health. Community practitioners also meet with residents on a regular basis
- We are supported by the local GP’s in Poole and they are able to visit residents
- A community physiotherapist is available on request from the local GP. This allows residents to maintain their mobility and fitness levels. Physiotherapy sessions are included in the weekly fee
- A dentist and optician visit regularly
- A local chiropodist visits residents when required
- A hairdresser visits Avonwood Manor every week too which the residents enjoy
We believe it’s essential for our residents to stay in touch with their loved ones, especially when they first arrive in our care. Joining a new environment can be hard for some, our warm and friendly team make the transition as easy as possible. By keeping in touch with friends and family, residents' spirits remain high. We recommend friends and family to visit when they can and get involved with the Avonwood community. Additionally, we have a newsletter and events calendar that can help you keep up to date with the home and help you plan your visits.
Laundry is included in our weekly fees. We launder our residents’ clothes inhouse and take great pride in this. It is important for our residents’ self-esteem to have freshly laundered clothes giving them a choice of clothes to wear each day.
The Avonwood Manor team put together activities to ensure that all residents feel involved within the care home community. Many activities are arranged to energise and promote regular exercise whilst other activities are thought provoking and require creativity which help to improve memory.
- Indoor games
- Trips to the beach
- Short walks
- Activities and trips within the local community
We ensure that our residents' religious needs are met. This may mean visiting the local Church or a service of a different religion. We do our best to meet our residents' religious needs with the upmost respect.
Avonwood Manor is 1 mile from Poole town centre, where there is a GP surgery and post office.
Public Transport: There are bus stops near to Avonwood Manor and a main rail station in Poole.
See our location on Google maps here.